Booksneeze

I review for BookSneeze®

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

All I Need is Jesus and a Good Pair of Jeans by Susanna Foth Aughtmon


You know the pressure. To have the perfect Christian life and the perfect family. To be the perfect friend. To look perfect in those jeans. To be a supergirl. Instead of feeling good about yourself, you're left stuck in the gap between who you are and who you long to be.

Susanna Foth Aughtmon knows what it's like to be a tired supergirl, fighting the enemies of pride, worry, jealousy, busyness, loneliness, and many more. With humor and courage, she lays bare those times in her own life when she found it a challenge to live the life God wants for her. But even tired supergirls have a secret weapon: God's Truth.

With God's help, all of us can win the day against the subtle voices of Miz Do Good, Worry Man, Little Miss No Fair, and every other nemesis we encounter
.

Before purchasing this book, I read the reviews.  All of them gave it 5 out of 5 stars.  Sorry, but I must disagree. 

The book, while funny parts in parts, tends to be on the level of someone in grade school.  I almost felt like Billy Mays, the Oxy Clean harker, had written this book.  It was that grating to read.

I really cannot recommend this book, however, I am in a minority based on the reviews posted on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment